newsletter

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tea Time

We've been drinking a LOT of tea this winter, and I thought I would share some of my favorite teas for different occasions!

Best Chai: Bigelow Spiced Chai
I love soy chai lattes from the coffee shop, and never knew that they could be so easily recreated! Bigelow Spiced Chai is nice and spicy, and add some soy milk and honey or other sweetener and it tastes like a real latte (at a fraction of the price!)

Best Tea for a Cold or Sore Throat: Yogi Throat Comfort
I could (and do) drink this tea constantly, regardless of a cold or not. It's soothing and sweet, with no need for anything added to it. The flavor is hard to explain, but it leaves a sweet, anise taste coating your throat after every sip. It feels like a little golden ball of happiness is sitting in the bottom of your throat!

Best Before Bed Tea: Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer.
Tense or not, this is tea is very relaxing and satisfying. Lemon, chamomile, ginger and I don't know what else, but it is the perfect tea to unwind with just before bed.


Best Tea for Indulging: Tea Forte "White Ambrosia".
Tea Forte is an amazing tea company that makes delicious tea and cool tea accessories. You can buy their cups which are ordinary tea cups but with lids with holes in the center. The teabags have little wire "tails" that, when seeping the tea, stick up through the holes in the cup. It's not the cheapest tea out there, but well worth trying. They have dozens of flavors including classics like Earl Grey and Darjeeling to the exotic such as African Solstice and Coco Truffle (made with real cacao beans). Anyway, one of my favorites is their White Ambrosia...a white tea with vanilla and slices of coconut.

Best Breakfast Tea: Tie between Twinnings
I love a strong breakfast tea, either black or with some sugar. It's almost too hard to pick a favorite so I'm kind of cheating here. Twinnings makes a breakfast selection box that includes Prince of Wales, Irish Breakfast, Lady Grey, and English Breakfast and I can grab any one out of the box and know it will be delicious.


What are some of your favorite teas? Any other occasions you have a special tea for?

6 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Oooh, i think i need some of that yogi comfort tea now!!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Laurie Cilley said...

I totally need to go get a cup of tea...I LOVE Twinnings English Breakfast tea, and if they are out I get Stash's instead, but LOVE it either way! Nice and cozy and curled up with a good book! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie
http://jcbdesignstudio.blogspot.com/

Tess said...

I've never tried Stash's, I'll have to check it out!

cabin + cub said...

me too! i love chai... oh and one of my fave drinks made of earl grey tea are london fogs...mmmmm

Kristin Aquariann said...

Tea always sounds so wonderful ... but I still haven't found one that I actually like. Hrphm. :(

Sara M. Tan said...

Twining's Earl Grey! Hot. :)