newsletter

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Busy busy

I feel like I've been neglecting my blog recently, not for lack of wonderful things from Etsy to share, but I've just been so busy! My first big show is coming up in less than two weeks, and I got accepted to it back in October (before I was even married, that's how long ago), so it has just seemed like it was always far off on the horizon. But now the realization that it's almost here has finally hit me! Yesterday my mom came over and we went over a list of things I still need and then she took me to the BEST JOANN'S IN THE WORLD (or at least around here, better than the Michael's we have) to stock up on supplies.

Since the show is connected to a music festival, I am going to be showcasing my music-related items the most. I'm making picture frames, lots of keepsake boxes, plaques, and my antique sheet music resin necklaces. I also got some tissue-box covers which I've never done before but I think will be cool! This is what my work space looks like these days:

This is actually even cleaned up a bit for the picture!

I ran out of space to store my finished pieces loooong ago


A not-so-great photo of my first tissue box. I really like this one because it's kind of a pun :) There are people on each side playing a different instrument from a 1912 song called "That Good Old Rag".

I'm getting really excited, I think I have almost everything I need...but if you have any good tips/things to bring I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that tissue box! So clever and cute. :) Good luck on your show! That's something I've never done but I find very intriguing. Hope it goes well for you :)