newsletter

Friday, September 3, 2010

Going through the ol' favorites folder



I was digging around my favorites folder trying to get organized today, and thought I might share some of my favorite links for Victorian resources. Enjoy!



Victorian Trading Co.- I get their catalog in the mail, and always love flipping through it. It's nice for looking at the pictures and getting inspirations, but I have to say, just about anything in here you can get handmade on Etsy.

Historic Houseparts- Makes me drool in anticipation of fixing up an old Victorian some day. All hardware, light fixtures, garden ornaments, and anything else you might need to complete a period renovation.

Victoria Magazine- I was so happy when they brought back this magazine! Their website is great, with all sorts of resources and beautiful pictures.

Victorian Cooking and Dining
- Nice collection of real recipes and etiquette from the Victorian era

Free Victorian Graphics- Beautiful images for download for free

Victoriana- Huge resource for everything Victorian

Great article about bustles- I love bustles. They have to be due to make a come back one of these days, right? This article takes a look at the progression and demise of the bustle in a historical-economical context.

Victorian Names- I don't know why, but I love looking at the popular names from different eras. Here's a nice list of Victorian names.

No comments: