newsletter

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Princess Parties!

Ok, so I alluded to my new, (very) part-time job. It's honestly something I didn't even know existed until I started doing it. So what is it, you ask?

Princess Parties!

It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. There is a lovely lady known as Princess Sharon that makes little girl's dreams come true for their birthdays. Parents hire her to put on a party for their daughter (and sons too), and she brings her princess self and all the food, costumes, props and magic that any little child would love for their birthday.

"Childhood Tea on the Lawn" by SharonFlath on Etsy

But it's hard work to be a Princess! Sharon needs lots of help with dressing up the little ones, leading activities, and doing the behind-the-scenes set-up and clean-up. My friend had been working for her, but she needed more helpers so she brought me on too. And it's so much fun! The kids LOVE her and it's so fun to watch them interact with her and get to live in a fairy tale for a day.

So it's pretty much the funnest job ever, but can be pretty exhausting at the end of the day! I have one on Sunday that I'm working, and I'm still getting ready for my big show next week, but hope to be back to be around more soon!

9 comments:

Annette said...

Well that just sounds like fun! My 3 year old granddaughter is so into princesses right now...she would love something like that!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Wonderful idea! My five year old granddaughter would love it, although she just had her birthday and it was a 'homegrown' princess tea party. Also, this little girl's daddy, my son, will sit down at the table with her at random and have 'tea' from a miniature china tea set. He invited me one day and it was a blast!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely adorable!!!

Unknown said...

My niece would be all about a princess party. What a smart business idea!

Becky D @ Kings Down Road said...

Ha! I'm sure it is tiring!! Fun, though!!

Kristin Aquariann said...

What fun! One of my best friends hired a Cinderella and Prince Henry duo to babysit at her wedding. :D

Tess said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies!

Katrina said...

I love the idea of Princess Parties and it just cracks me up thinking of you helping tame the royal chaos :) Why do I foresee a party like this in my future with the kiddo?

Sara M. Tan said...

Heh, what a great idea! Good luck om your new part-time. And is it weird that I'm a grown-up and still want a Princess Party? :p